Watch this 3 minute video from N.T. Wright (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-Ku-_ekAY) and have a conversation with someone you love, or reflect on it in your journal.
- What does it mean to you that you are “made in the image of God?”
- Why do you think Dr. Wright talks about the mirror as an “angled mirror?”
- In what ways do you see your life reflecting God’s love, care, and stewardship out to the world? What are one or two things you can do this week to do this? Write them down.
- In what ways do you think your life allows creation’s praise to be reflected back to God? What are one or two things you can do this week to do this? Write them down.
- Sometimes my mirror can get tilted toward other things so that I may see only myself, my friends, what others think of me, sports, music, drama, TV, social media, video games or other things instead of seeing God’s love and care for me and for others. What are some of the things that your mirror can be angled toward that keep you from reflecting the fullness of God’s image?
- How do you think you can keep your mirror angled so it best reflects God’s care out into the world and the world’s praise back to God? What one or two things can you do this week to keep your mirror at its best angle? Write them down on the next page…
Pray for the grace to keep your mirror at its best angle.