Set aside 1/2 hour sometime during the week for the following activity.
Watch a video Human Kinda https://mssngpeces.com/projects/originals/jetblue-humankinda/). You’ll need to scroll past the trailer to watch the full 15 minute video. Be aware there is some language in it.
Have a conversation with a loved one or your family about the video, or journal about your reflections. Use the following or other questions as a starting point.
- Does your life feel as busy as the real-life people in the video?
- What ideas do you have that could help your life become less driven by busyness?
- John Ortberg, a Presbyterian pastor in California, once asked one of his spiritual mentors what he would recommend that would bring new energy to his spiritual life. He was told, “You must ruthlessly eliminate hurry from your life, for hurry is the great enemy of spiritual life in our world today.” What do you think of this statement? In what ways can you imagine eliminating hurry in your lives?
- Plan a Sabbath day for the coming week. Think about what you could do on your own, with a friend, or with your family to play and to rest with God.
- Practice keeping a Sabbath day and talk about what it was like.